Lancaster Stand - Pennsylvania
Still in its beginning stages, The Lancaster Stand will be a large-scale encampment, hosted on a private farm along the banks of the Conestoga River in southern Lancaster County, PA.
What are they fighting?-
The encampment will be a peaceful gathering place formed in opposition to the construction of the Atlantic Sunrise pipeline. The Atlantic Sunrise pipeline is a proposed project by Williams Partners. Williams Partners is a multi-billion dollar natural gas transportation and processing corporation based in Tulsa Oklahoma. The Atlantic Sunrise pipeline, if constructed, would disrupt preserved farms, precious woodlands, and families' homes - with no benefit for Lancaster County.
Can you come to camp?
No camp is currently closed
What to expect at camp-
They ask that all who participate in camp adhere to these principles:
• “We the people” hold the power.
• “We the people” includes all of us.
• “We the people” have a moral duty to stand against corporate greed.
• “We the people” will defend our families, the land, the water, and future generations.
• Our actions are rooted in our core values.
• Our actions aim to expose a system rigged in favor of billionaires and big business at the expense of people and planet.
• Our actions will involve mass participation whenever possible.
• Our actions will be creative, disciplined, and nonviolent.
How you can help the camp-
Donate! Any thing helps get this fight fully up and functioning. Donate to camp HERE
Go to camp and volunteer. Help build this camp from the ground up!
UPDATE ON THE STAND- UNFORTUNATELY CAMP HAS CLOSED. THE OWNERS OF THE LAND CAMP WAS ON HAVE SOLD THE LAND TO THE OIL COMPANY. ALTHOUGH A HUGE SET BACK, LANCASTER STAND IS MORE THAN A CAMP. THEY ARE AN ORGANIZATION THAT ARE CONTINUING TO FIGHT PIPELINES AND FRACKING. THEY ARE DEDICATED TO CONTINUING AND PUSHING FORWARD.