Find out if your bank is funding DAPL via http://www.defunddapl.org/contact-the-banks
The primary banks funding the DAPL are Wells Fargo, Comerica, PNC, Barclays, JPMorgan Chase, Bank of America and Goldman Sachs, but there are many others.
If you have your money in one of these banks, join us at Common Groundsat any time between 11 AM and 4 PM on Friday, February 17th, National Strike Day, to close out your account by phone or online.
Since you need to put your money somewhere, you can open up an account at a bank NOT funding the DAPL:
- OneUnited Bank (black-owned): https://www.oneunited.com/
- Self-Help Credit Union ("focuses its membership and lending activities on reaching people of color, women, rural residents, and low-income communities"): https://www.self-help.org/
- First National (local branches)
- Heartland Bank & Trust (local branches)
- Fifth Third Bank (local branches)
- Modern Woodmen (online, based in Moline)
IF YOU'RE NOT IN DEKALB,
a similar event are being held is being held in Rockford (Defund DAPL: Whistle Stop Local Divestment Tour) or, if you would like to set up a divestment event in your area, don't hesitate to contact us!
IF YOUR BANK ISN'T FUNDING THE DAPL,
we will have lists of phone numbers, email addresses, and street addresses + postcards with stamps on hand so you can call or send messages to the White House and DAPL-funding banks to express your disapproval.